Welcome to the craziness that is my life! If you can't handle it, get out now!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Where did the time go?

     So it has been awhile since I have posted anything, but it seems like it was just yesterday.  The holiday season and life in general have been keeping me busy since Thanksgiving.  Things have changed since my last post.  I am now legally divorced, even though in my heart I have been divorced since August of 2009.  I am now definitely in a relationship with a wonderful guy & things are going really good for us!  He scored friend approval with my friends and I have scored friend approval with 2 of his friends.  I am happy that I got to end 2010 and start 2011 with him.
     Christmas was hard this year because it was the first Christmas I'd ever spent completely alone.  My daughter was at her dad's, the boyfriend was on a cruise with his family, and I had no money to go home to Alabama.  I stayed home, cleaned up, crocheted, and pampered myself.  But I missed my family like crazy!  My girl and I did our Christmas early this year and boy did she rake in the presents!  The boyfriend gave me an awesome zippo for Christmas...I didn't think that we would be doing presents because we had just started dating and he was going to be gone for Christmas, so needless to say there was a mad last minute dash to find a present! But Shhhh! Don't tell anyone! ;)  My mother-in-law, Fay (yes I will always claim her as a second mom because she is awesome and has been there for me through thick and thin), gave me money for Christmas so that I wouldn't do without.  So on Christmas Eve I went shopping for myself!  I got some new tennis shoes (my old ones literally fell apart, I really wanted new boots though), a new shirt, a new dress, a new red nightgown, and some Bath & Body Works stuff.
     If you haven't figured it out by now, I am a very happy girl!  That is what I want my 2011 to be filled with, happiness!

     

2 comments:

  1. yeah ure new bf was totally cool he scored big friends point ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! :D And he's super awesome with the munchkin too! I swear she got more time with him tonight than I did! Lol!!! I thought I was gonna totally lose him the other night when they started talking about cars lol

    ReplyDelete